So it starts! By popular demand (ok really just my mom) I am starting this food blog. I have loved to cook since I can remember and have always tried to eat healthy. Many people think that eating healthy is boring and overwhelming. This is why you are reading my blog, because I want you to find that it can be yummy, satisfying, and simple... okay sometimes it requires some planning and work, but all good things do. FYI, the food Critic I refer to is my great Husband who will try everything I make.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sweet Potato Salad

Sweet Potato Salad

4 large sweet potatoes/yams, peeled and diced
2 T olive oil
2 T apple cider vinegar
1 T honey
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 c crasins
1/4 c walnuts (or sugared walnuts - what I perfer)
1 cup quinoa
2 c water

Directions:
1. Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper. Bake in oven @ 400 for 20-30 min, depending how small you diced your potatoes. I dice mine pretty small to make them bake faster. Broil for the last 5 min to brown them up a bit. Watch them so they don't burn.

2. While the sweet potatoes are roasting combine olive oil, vinegar, honey, and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk together. Set aside

3. Make your quinoa by following package directions, when done add to cinnamon sauce.

4. When sweet potatoes are done let them cool about 10 min. Add them to your quiona along with crasins and walnuts.

Serve with a side of Roasted Vegetables

2 comments:

  1. Have made this for the family twice. I think Jared loves me more because I got this recipe from you. Thanks Cindy, you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been craving this since Big Sur and made a huge batch today! Soooo yummy! Thanks Cindy!

    ReplyDelete